Sunday, November 20, 2011

Leaps

Either I need to begin writing more frequently or Noah needs to slow down his pace of acceleration.  What I mean is this: I feel like he has grown in leaps and bounds since my last entry, but it was only two weeks ago!

I have trouble wrapping my mind around all of the things he can do now that he couldn't do before.  Perhaps God has just given me a fresh perspective to see what an amazing creature a growing child is, but it seems as though he masters a new skill every day, if not more often than that.  This makes the days of waiting for him to roll over seem ridiculously irrelevant.  

He becomes more independent by the hour, it seems.  He's always enjoyed helping me cook, but now he's not content unless he (literally) has a hand in every step of the process.  I've noticed his ability to imitate for a while now, but recently it has transfered to a new level: like today he was stomping his foot while "singing," which my husband often does.  He no longer needs help getting down from his booster seat; he'd rather take 5 minutes to get off the chair himself than do it in 2 seconds with any sort of help.

I have to share some pictures of what we've been up to:

Playdoh

Raking the leaves 
Making cookies




















It seems as though Noah's ability to soak in new skills and information is limitless, and even that seems to increase with each passing day.  It's a fun (sometimes daunting) challenge to try to stay ahead of him, or at least keep up with him. The "vastness" of the life of a toddler points me to the vastness of God's love.  As Paul writes in Ephesians:


"Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ" (3:8)

The boundless riches of Christ--wow!  Like Noah seems to catapult into something greater just as I think I have him figured out, so Christ's richness expands as soon as we think we've found the limit.  We can never stay "ahead" of God's love for us; it is impossible for us to even keep up with it.  It surrounds us and envelops our daily lives in a way that we cannot even comprehend. 

1 comment:

  1. amen sis ... in the words of brennan manning,
    "the grace of god is simply unimaginable"

    ReplyDelete